Sunday, December 10, 2006

Living Room work continues

We spent the day working on several projects (and laundry). I dismantled the rest of the ramp from the front of the house while Andrew finished the west wall in the living room.

When we bought the hosue the ramp also had a rail on the right side. It was removed by Joe and Corey on the first day because we all agreed it would make moving things in easier because they wouldn't have to manuver around the it. We opted to keep the ramp part because the guys figured that would come in handy, which in did [fridge, washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc.).

So in the front I did this:



I was pretty proud of myself. This weekend we'll take out the A/C unit. We're not sure why it's there since we have central air and heat (which it awesome!).

Meanwhile, in the living room Andrew was working away.



I finished up outside and headed in to help Andrew. We got the whole wall done!





We also found the wiring for that second hidden wall light
(I thought this stuff was cool because I had never seen knob and tube wiring up close before. I especially like the simplicity of the name. Knob and tube: so called for the white knobs that hold the black tubes (that contain electrical wires) apart, thus preventing a fire- I think that's what this all is anyway).


And here's some of the scripty writing that says Miss something L-something.

No comments: