Sunday, June 03, 2007

Updates, lots of Updates

We have a plan. The baby is due September 21. That gives us just less than 16 weeks to complete a long list of projects (some necessary and some really wanted). So before the projects start getting wrapped up at super quick rates (we're trying to stay very positive), I should make sure everyone is up to date on the little that has been done in the last few months and what all is in the project list.

We did a little yard work.
Andrew and Paul worked on re-wiring the house (starting with the living room). They also installed the new future electrical box so that as they rewire a room, they can hook the wires right into the box. The hope is that when the switch happens most of the hard work will be done, so Andrew and I will only be without power for a day. I should make it clear here that this is how I understand this work to be going. I could have easily misunderstood something as my jobs in the remodeling of the house do not include electrical things at all. I'm more like the designer. I come up with an idea and my sweet husband either explains why it won't work (this usually takes a while, but is very entertaining) or makes it happen (see fridge).

I came home from work one day to this:YAY!! A living room ceiling!! And work on the box for the recessed lighting over the fireplace has begun!


Yesterday I went to Fantastic Fans to check out their going out of business sale (10%-50% off) and found a great deal on the perfect ceiling fan and light for the living room. I can't wait to see it up, but we've decided to wait until all the drywall is up and the mudding and sanding is done.

After the living room is done we'll move all the living room furniture out of the baby's room and begin work there. We're also hoping to get some much needed lawn work done and maybe even straighten out the garage.



And these pictures are especially for Stacey:

Cute and Dr. Seuss-like.



A little gross with prosciutto wrapped melons!

1 comment:

Stacey Greenberg said...

lol

thanks!!

i'll have to try a prosciuto wrapped melon though. i just discovered the joys of a prosciuto wrapped bread stick!