Thursday, November 16, 2006

Closer

So tomorrow's the big day! We close on our wonderful (yet needing lots of TLC) home. This is all very nerve racking. They say buying a house is one of the most stressful things you do. I now believe them. (They said that about gettting married too, but that was only stressful the week before so I was beginning to doubt "them.")
Earlier this week we had to make a quick insurance provider switch because our long time insurance company- State Farm- refused to cover new wonderful old midtown home. I have since heard of several other folks who left State Farm as a result of the refusal to cover their midtown homes (from my understanding it is the knob and tube wiring in the attics and basements that kills the State Farm coverage). But our wonderful mortgage guy, Mano, came to the rescue! He hooked me up with a brand new, wonderfully enthusiastic insurance agent and we even switched our cars! (this was mostly due to the better-than-State Farm-and-Progressive rates and of course the discounts!!! I love a good discount!)
So tomorrow's they day. We have been assured by our real estate agent, our mortage guy, and our closing attorney's assistant that everything is taken care of and all will go smooth tomorrow. Now, it's not that I'm negative or pessimistic, I'm just nervous. Maybe it's the waiting. So for now, we wait. Tonight I'll pack some more odds and ends (although I think Andrew might lose it soon if I pack anything else- I'm getting dangerously close to packing the few things left in the kitchen-he'll be too busy to cook anyway right?- and the small amount of clothes I haven't packed yet. But now my nerves are taking control and I can't sit still! I must pack or go crazy.

No comments: